Sunday, July 1, 2012

Mormon Miracle Pageant

Awesome. 

That word describes the pageant perfectly granted there were a few "cheesy" happenings that occurred but it  was worth it. 

I can't accurately describe the joy I felt after seeing all of those events come together to tell one story. The spirit was so strong and I loved it. 

There were two parts in particular that I loved the most. 

Part 1: 
"But Jesus said, Suffer little children, and forbid them not, to come unto me: for of such is the kingdom of heaven." Matt 19:14
Neil and I ended up sitting next to a relatively young family. The wife-I didn't even get her name-saw my BYU shirt and immediately started chatting with me. The Cougs have to stick together but that's another story for another time. She let me hold her CUTE baby boy and then later that evening during the pageant another one of her children, a little boy, came and sat next to me. He'd been a little antsy throughout the whole thing but there was one very touching moment that probably touched me the most. 

There is a part in the Pageant where Jesus Christ comes to visit the Americas. As soon as that spotlight came up and the actor portraying Jesus walked into view the little boy gasped and in utter and total amazement said, "It's Jesus!" He sat up straighter on his chair and leaned forward as far as he could to see Jesus. Then when the children all run to Jesus, the little boy got out of his chair. He was totally ready to run up that hill to be with Jesus. His eyes were GLUED to Jesus and he wanted to go up on the hill so badly. 

I couldn't stop myself from crying. This little boy loved Jesus and knew who He was. He was willing to run  up a massively steep hill just to be with Him. It made me think, "Am I as willing to sprint up the steepest hill for Jesus? Do I know and love Him like this little boy does?" Children are refreshing and so very in tune to the Spirit and I have that little boy to thank for making me re-evaluate the condition of my own spirit. 

Part 2:
When the temple lit up. 
Holy angels on high, it was awesome!
When that temple lit up it hit me that in just a couple short weeks I will be getting sealed in that holy place. I got a little emotional at this thought. I am so blessed to have the gospel in my life. I am so blessed to have Neil in my life. I am so blessed to know that my Father in Heaven loves me. There are so many emotions that that one event stirred and I am so happy that I got to go. 

It was a great experience and I hope that anyone who hasn't been able to see it will someday get the chance. 

1 comment:

  1. The temple will light up for you guys too--symbolically ;) I'm so excited you'll be getting married SO SOON!!!

    ReplyDelete