(Other than your car...)
On Sunday during Relief Society we had a lesson that was based around this question. Our teacher posed this question and then related a story about hiking a pretty intense trail on the mountain.
Believe you me, I know what "hard hikes" are like.
I mean, I like hiking but not when it's hot and sticky outside. Gross.
Anyway, we were just discussing what drives us to do the things we do. Why do we go to church? Or school? Or work? Why do we hike mountains? Exercise? Eat healthy food? What drives you to do it?
I decided that my drive comes from the Lord. I know that if I have been praying and communicating with my Heavenly Father about the decisions I'm making in my life, I'll be on the best path I can be because He directed me there. Because He put me on that path, I know that He knows I can "make it to the peak of the mountain" and because He knows that I want to do my best. Heavenly Father believes in me and wants me to succeed. Who am I to not believe in myself?
So...What drives you? What is your motivation?
No comments:
Post a Comment