Friday, July 6, 2012

Wedding Bee

Bridget, Neil's Aunt, made this banner and I absolutely LOVE IT!
Probably the best idea I've heard of in regards to weddings. 
You know how back in the day there would be quilting bees and barn raisings etc? 
Well, Lauri and Anna (Neil's mom and sister) came up with a genius idea to have a Wedding Bee. 
We tied and cut and glued and wrote and got a very good portion of work completed.

Miss to Mrs. ME!!!
Though I wasn't expecting any, I did receive some AWESOME gifts. Here are some lovely artistic pictures that Lauri took of them. 

Cleaning supplies!
I don't think I've ever been so excited about cleaning before...
Muffin pan, muffin mix, a candle, dish towels, oven mitts and a silicon spatula!
Simply divine.
These bowls ROCK! I am super pumped about having them!
Lovely towels made by Anna. I'm excited to use them!
This is another banner made by Bridget. It says LOVE! 
Coordinating aprons! I love them. 
It was a great afternoon and though I wished my Mom could be there, I did get to show off my wedding dress (which will be receiving it's own post here in the near future). My mom made my wedding dress and my temple dress and she did it from across the country!
Thank you to everyone who came and helped out with all of the work. As Lauri kept saying, "Many hands make light work" and that was certainly the case for this event. It was so much fun getting to know everyone a little better or for the first time! Thanks again!

2 comments:

  1. You have the best in-laws ever :) P.S. I love your cute matching aprons!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. don't you miss that time...I love showers why can't they happen more often!?P!

    ReplyDelete