Tuesday, July 31, 2012

All The Things!!

Marriage. It's pretty much fantastic. I get to live with my best friend and have a sleepover every night!

In all honesty though, I really love being married. It's great! Fabulous! Fantastic!!!

Last night, Neil and I had the opportunity to go to Target and Bed Bath and Beyond. It was so much fun! The entire night I kept thinking, "We're so lucky! We're so blessed!" Were it not for the generous (and I sincerely mean generous) people we have in our lives, Neil and I would have nothing. No wedding pictures, wedding cake, receptions, bed, dresser, coffee table and so much more so much much much more. I cannot put into words how grateful and how absolutely blown away by the kindness of others to/for me and Neil.

Now, I won't list everyone's gifts here but I do want to share some of the spoils that we have collected.

1. A crepe maker.
Yeah, that's right. Who has sweet awesome cousins that gift her an her husband a crepe maker? THIS GIRL! I got so excited about this handy tool. Why? Because I love crepes! And even though I can cook and cook well, the French cooking gene somehow passed me by. French cuisine is no bueno for this chica. (Neither is the language apparently...) Anywho, I have been very excited to use this!!

2. A Brita water pitcher
Clear, filtered, fresh tasting water? Yes, please!! I don't think Neil minds drinking tap water straight from the tap but boy oh boy does it give me the heebie geebies!! Not in newer houses but our house was built in the early 1940s. Who knows what is in those pipes!! But all is well now that I have snobby water. (I am referring to myself as the snob but it is true! I am a snob about my drinking water.)


 3. A Ninja
Yes, I registered for a ninja so that we don't have to buy a security system for our apartment. Ha. No. I'm ninja enough for us. The Ninja is a sweet awesome blender and food processor and I love it! So does Neil. In fact, he was the one who asked me to register for it. It is handy to have around.

4. A microwave
Need I say more? Just think of all the lovely things you can do with this little box of technology! It's simply awesome.

5.(My Baby) A KitchenAid Mixer
Dream. Come. True! Ever since I can remember by Dad used his KitchenAid mixer to make all sorts of yummy things. I had resigned myself to the fact that I would probably not ever get one and if I did it wouldn't be for a long time. BUT because we were blessed with generous friends and family members we were able to buy a KitchenAid mixer. I was so happy when Neil said that we could get one that I almost started crying right there in the middle of Target! I didn't but I could have. I was and still am SO HAPPY! Neil even asked me if I was going to sleep in the kitchen with it! That's how happy I was!! I am planning on making bread on Sunday and possibly some chocolate chip cookies too! AHH! I have a KitchenAid mixer people!!


6. (Neil's Baby) A Pressure Cooker
Neil served his mission in Brazil so rice and black beans are kind of a staple in our diet. You can't really get that Brazilian flavor with canned black beans and Neil really wanted a pressure cooker (and so did I! His rice and bean dinners are SO YUMMY!) so we got one. We're pretty happy about it. 


There were so many awesome and fabulous gifts that we were given and while I am super excited to use and have them all, none of those "things" can replace the love I know Neil and I have pouring in from all angles. So, yes, thank you all for the beautiful and splendid gifts but thank you so much more for the love and support you have given to us day after day, night after night. Not everyone is as lucky and blessed as Neil and I are because not everyone has the specific blend of people in their lives as we do.



Thank you. Thank you. Thank you!!!

P.s.- Wedding posts will be posting soon! I just received the pictures so now I can blog them! But, have patience with me. There is so much to say about the last couple of weeks that it may take some time to get all my thoughts together!

2 comments: