Friday, July 6, 2012

"Goodbye Mexicans!"


No, I'm not being racist. That was simply the send off we received as we left La Casita in Springville last night. The owner is one funny man but really nice. He was actually outside when Neil and I got there and ushered us inside and sat us down at a booth. I love booths. Anyway, the food was yummy, the waitress was nice and the atmosphere was fun! I was so happy we went because, I kid you not, I've been craving good Mexican food for quite sometime. So last night when I asked Neil what we were doing for date night (if you haven't been following my posts, Thursday night is our date night every week) and he said, "Oh, I thought we'd go get some Mexican food and then go play pool," I just about flipped! I was so excited! So, we drove to Springville and ate at La Casita and had a grand ol' time!

Beef burrito, rice and beans. YUM!


I didn't finish that. In fact, I'll be eating the leftovers for lunch!

 As we left, the owner (I wish I knew his name) shouted out, "Goodbye Mexicans! Come again!". I guess that his food is so authentic that if you eat there you become a Mexican. It was pretty darn yummy. 

It had been raining all day yesterday (Hallelujah!) And I snapped this pic of the sunset. 
Neil was driving so no worries.
After dinner we headed over to Miller Apartments where they have a pool table in the basement. I won a game and Neil won a game. We were going to go best two out of three but we decided to keep it at a tie.


All in all it was a fantastic evening. I am so excited to get married to this wonderful guy! (That makes me think of a song!) 


GOODBYE MEXICANS!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh! You are getting married! That is such fantastic news! (I have been a slacker about reading blogs lately :P ) But hooray! Congratulations to you both! But mostly congratulations to Neil for landing such a fabulous bride!

    ReplyDelete