It has been stunningly beautiful here in Provo, Utah. We're talking sunny with a slight breeze with a high in the mid 60s. Gorgeous.
I didn't have to work today and because I wasn't stuck inside making Cherry Limeades and Root Beer Floats, I was able to take a book, sit on my porch and read. It felt so wonderful to just sit there and relax. Nothing, and I mean nothing, interrupted me. Do you know how great that feels? Even though it was only for about an hour, I still just got to sit there and feel the breeze and read my book and listen to the one or two birds who have confidently returned from their winter vacations to the south.
At one point I closed my eyes and let my body soak in the lovely goodness of the day. I started to think about how we, as human beings, caught up in a world heavily influenced by electronic toys and mechanic gadgets, forget so easily the things that we here even before we were.
The Mountains. The trees. The air. The Birds. The smell that only comes after a rain shower. The Sunshine!
Even though everything is still pretty much dead, the sun is shining and it's warm enough that my roommates and I don't find it necessary to close the apartment door. (While we're there at least.) Therefore I believe that that silly little Groundhog, who "predicts" the winter forecast every February 2nd, was either playing a joke on "the unsuspecting humans" or just flat out wrong. Either way, today was beautiful. The end.
No comments:
Post a Comment