Monday, March 23, 2009

What A Weekend!

It was pretty wonderful. Friday night I wore myself out. It was great. Here I'll give you the low down...
Friday:I got up at 7:00am to get to my 8:00 class on time. Which I ALWAYS get there on time. The lecture, however, wasn't all that exciting. But anyway, I got home, took about a 30 minute snoozer and when I got up I cleaned the apartment a bit, made my bed and ate some breakfast. A little later I went to Wally World with a couple of wonderful friends and we got pedicures. It was GREAT! Then we went to lunch at this place called Rumbi. YUM! Then I came home and took another little snoozer but it really was only about 5 minutes. Later that evening I ate some dinner and then I went Classic Skating with my ward which was at 10:00p.m. Yeah, kind of late BUT it was SOOO much fun. I even won this little glowy thingy...Anyway, we got back around 12:30a.m. and my roomie, who is usually pretty calm and collected, was BOUNCING OFF THE WALLS! I mean literally CRAZY. Bad case of Pizza and Kool-Aid mixture. I mean so bad it was fatal. The proof is in the pictures. Anyway, we decided that a dance party was appropriate...so my roomies and I all danced until 2. It was crazy! Crazy FUN! lol. Oooh. College.
Saturday:I woke up around 11:00 to an empty apartment. I was so out of it from the night/morning before. Needless to say my legs were sending serious hate vibes through the rest of me. But I got up, took a shower and got ready for the day. I ate and did a little bit of facecbooking and kinda just lazied around until about 1:20ish when me and my roomate went to the International Cinema up on campus. FREE MOVIES! Yeah, it's pretty fabulous. We saw Henry Poole Was Here...it's really good. Different but good. So then I came home and started writing a bit of my book. Well, I was interrupted by a call from Karlan who was trying to get all the date details together. Sadly I left my book and started really cleaning the apartment. Fun. Fast Forward to the date...Okay so my roomie's soon to be sister-in-law set us up. The guy I went on a date with...his name was Tarren. I think that's how you spell it. Anyway, it was fun. We all made pizzas. We went to the store and bought topping that we wanted. Tarren and I got hashbrowns, sausage and alfredo sauce. It was surprisingly tasty. OH! We also had honey roasted peanuts on top. Yum. It was different but YUMMY! Anywho, then the four couples played 'Get to know you Uno." Red-You tell an embarrassing moment Blue-Something you don't like Yellow-Something you DO like Green-Random. You play just like regular uno except when you discard you tell whatever you have to according to the color of the card you discarded. Draw 2 or 4 means that the person who has to pick up cards tells that number of whatever the draw color was. It's really a fun game. Then we all chatted for a little and decided to play Sardines. I basically won. lol. After that the date was over. It was a fun night but I probably wouldn't go on a second date with the guy. He just wasn't my type.
Sunday: Woke up, got ready for church, went to church, came home, went to the Draper Temple Dedication in the Marriot center which is just about the coolest thing to witness. You can see everyone! So when we were doing the Hosanna shout, everything was white. IT WAS SO COOL! It really was just an awesome thing to see. I wish everyone could have been there. After that I came home, made some rolls and went to a little pot luck dinner my roomies had with some friends. Good food is never a bad time. lol. Then choir, and ward prayer. Then bed.
So that was my weekend. Very very cool.

1 comment:

  1. lol. It wasn't the pizza. Just the Kool-Aid. And the lateness. And that other thing. lol. Maybe sometime over the summer we'll do that again.

    ReplyDelete