Well, they're out.
My wisdom teeth are gone.
Fun fact: I didn't "need" to get them out. They were erupted, meaning they'd all broken through the gums. They were all straight, meaning they weren't adding pressure to my other teeth. But, Dr H said they had to go.
Why?
He was worried that as time went on I wouldn't be able to brush/floss them effectively enough. I kind of agreed with him. Though there was enough room for my wisdom teeth, it was hard for me to get floss back there and I'd always hit my jawbone when trying to brush. Plus, I hate flossing so the easier it is to do it, the happier I am!
Anyway, no pictures were taken, no videos were made. Guys, I'm the most boring person when I'm coming out of anesthesia. (I'm really glad because I actually don't like watching those kinds of videos. I also don't like being teased. Ever. Or made fun of even in "good fun". I just don't.) But, seriously. I'm the mellow kind who just wants to go home and sleep. I asked them if I could see my teeth but, wouldn't ya know, they put wisdom teeth in a bio hazard bag. If I'd thought to ask before I went in they would have kept them for me.
Bummer.
So, Neil took me home and we both slept. All day. I woke up at some point and popped some Lortab then went back to sleep. That night Neil made me some butternut squash and a mashed sweet potato.
Yum.
While we ate we watched Wallace & Gromit, The Curse of the Ware-Rabbit. It was cute.
This was my "sick" spread:
Two things I learned from this experience:
1) You should not take Lortab on an empty stomach
2) I should not take Lortab EVER. Throwing up while there are fresh stitches in my mouth=NOT FUN.
(Lortab, though an acetaminophen based narcotic, is still a narcotic. IBS+Narcotic= Well, not fun.)
I'm still dealing with a lot of pain but Tylenol (normal acetaminophen) is doing a tolerable job lessening the pain. If I'm being honest though, I haven't been entirely pain free since after the anesthesia wore off on Thursday. (That's probably normal.)
It's been an interesting few days since but I'm ready for the stitches to dissolve and my jaw to feel normal again.
Also, I had the best surgical team EVER!! They sent flowers. :)
Also, I had the best surgical team EVER!! They sent flowers. :)


Wisdom teeth are no fun. I remember being in a dazed state and crying as blood came out my mouth, trying to say, "It hurts!" to my mom. Good times. I didn't eat solid for a week.
ReplyDeleteI had a very, VERY blessed recovery, and only needed ibuprofen and the prescribed antibiotics. Had the best care from ze boyfriend! I got it done over at Cougar Dental. They too threw out my teeth, which I was like, "really? I'm still very much like a child and harbor a strange fascination for things like that..." ;P
ReplyDeleteI looked like I got into a fight with a highlighter! It was intense so I am glad you have had a good recovery!
ReplyDelete