On Saturday, Cousin Jaiden, his loverly girly Beckah, Neil and I went to the Zoo!!!
Now, I realize that doing this two days after my wisdom teeth surgery was probably not wise (considering how HOT it was) but, guys, I'd just lost FOUR troves of wisdom. ;)
Anyway, we had a jolly good time even in a car with no AC and a day that reached 100 degrees.
 |
| Elephants. They're cute |
 |
| Jaiden...not quite, dude. |
 |
| Neil. No dice. |
 |
| Orangutan. BINGO! She wins! |
Me: "So, why is his mouth all open like that? Is it a way to cool down?"
Jaiden or Neil (but probably Jaiden): "He's waiting for someone to trip and fall in."
Silly Boys.
These little guys kept stretching out like this and then running around their enclosure.
Silly Monkeys.
 |
| CUTEST thing at the Zoo. Unless the otters had been out. Then they would have won the "cute" vote. |
 |
| We saw the bird show and it was SO COOL! |
 |
| Oh, we're just so cute. And navy blue. Sheesh! |
 |
| Vulture. MASSIVE Vulture. They played Darth Vader's theme song for this guy's entrance. |
 |
| My favorite bird. I didn't have any idea how loud they were though. |
 |
| The Bald Eagle. He was regal. (Tehehe) |
The entire day with Beckah and Jaiden and I didn't even get a picture of them. I did manage however to capture Beckah's shirt when I snagged this Meerkat just chillin' out on a rock.
 |
| Giraffes. They're weird but cool. |
 |
| Neil was a trooper. He carried around our lunch bag all day. |
It was a long and hot day but a massive ice water and a 50 cent ice cream cone helped to heal our souls (and make my jaw..)
We need to do another double date again, soon!!
zoo's are so much fun aren't they?!?! I am glad you survived the heat!
ReplyDelete