Yes, I just arrived home from the moat amazing birthday/Ghetto Dance Party to have ever been thrown. There was GANGSTA music and way ghetto outfits. I'm telling you the WHOLE shebang. Everybody came and...it was off the hook. (I am purposefully using terminology that I usually wouldn't...like "off the hook"). There were so many people dressed up and a few people I didn't even recognize at first. One being a Home Teacher of mine! It was INSANE! It was SO much fun though it totally erased any sense of boredom that has been looming over me all day. Well, sort of. I'm not usually one for play-by-plays of mine of anyone else's days but, it's the best way for now...lol.
Anyway, I woke up...blah, blah, blah, I went to class, I came home and I sat on the couch. I seriously sat there and stared at the wall wondering about inexpensive ways we could decorate the apartment. I was so bored that I curled my hair. For the second time this week. It's not an interesting process, just long and it fills in the gaps. Anyway, then I met my friend Taylor for lunch. It was pretty much me making up for having to cancel our date last Saturday due to my little pal, the flu. Gross. I don't recommend it. Yeah, so on my way home I passed the oh-so-cute ducks and I watched them for just a little while. I don't know why but all day I've had that feeling like I needed to get something done I just couldn't figure it out for the LIFE of me! So I got back home and attempted to make my bed, which usually isn't just an attempt. I usually take everything off the bed and put it back on in a very meticulous manner. Yeah, well, today, not so much. I seriously just tucked my little stuffed animal monkey in my bed and walked away. I guess one could've called me lazy, I would just say tired and bored to insanity.
Well, I decided I wanted to watch a movie. So I chose "Just Like Heaven." A wonderfully witty little movie. You've gotta love Reese Witherspoon! She rocks. When that was finished I sat around some more. Yeah, I know, real productive but c'mon! I'm a college kid for cryin' out loud and it is FRIDAY night! Anyway, so a bit later my roommate comes on in the apartment and suggests that we go and see an International Film that BYU shows every week. Tonight, "The Counterfeiters" was playing. BYU has special permission to have the films edited leaving only the information that is educational. (aka...no sex, no unnecessary violence etc.) And it was phenomenal! It was in a few different languages, English, Russian, Hebrew and German. It was, however, subtitled, if it hadn't been, I probably wouldn't have enjoyed it as much because for the most part it was in German and Hebrew! Anywho, it is something that we've decided to turn into a tradition. We're going to go and see one every Saturday night.
I love little traditions like that. Just new, fun, FREE things...like Social Dance Club. Though I'm still not very good, I enjoy going and learning new things. Like the Foxtrot and the Night Club 2-step, which I have decided are my favorite dances...it's remembering them that's a bit tricky...lol.
Lastly, to top this off with a cherry (even though I dislike them strongly but you get the idea) tomorrow there is a barn dance for my ward and 2 others! I am SOOOO pumped. Dancing is just...releasing. Like tonight! I don't dance well, especially "free-style" like tonight was. In fact, I'm sure that there are a lot of people who think of how I dance and picture a chicken with Turrets but that's just fine! I had fun! I got to be silly and get...weird. lol. I love new things! I love it more when I actually love to love those new things! Everyone should try something new this week...that's my suggestion.
Your "roommate came on in the apartment"? lol. What am I, the radio? Or the TV? ;)
ReplyDelete