I would just like to write about a little blessing that I believe effects me greatly. You see, here at BYU you see a lot of wonderful things. (You can also see some not so wonderful things but I choose to ignore those...) One, or I guess a few dozen, of those wonderful things happens to be the duck pond.
This is a little pond where a bunch of cute, quacking, little duckies live. I am fortunate enough to pass this pond every Monday, Wednesday and Friday (the days of my class.) Every time I pass these little cuties, I can't help but smile and sometimes I even laugh. Out loud, so it's really an "LOL" moment. I have no idea why though. Perhaps it's the way that they always sound like they're laughing. Maybe it's the way they waddle, which is so adorable. It could, however, be the way they tuck into themselves to sleep. Now, I would never want to get to close to one of these little darlings, because they might not be so darling if they felt threatened, but if ever they were no leave the pond, I think I would cry.
To me, the duck pond (ducks included) is a blessing from the Lord. There is not one morning, no matter good or just plain crappy, that I pass the ducks and not feel better. I mean, geesh, they're laughing all the time! Have you ever heard a duck cry? I think not! How can something that seems so happy ALL the time and is just so cute make anyone anything but happy? It's amazing. It reminds me that the Lord really does know us. I mean, those ducks have been there for a long time, it's not like the Lord put them there as soon as I moved here to Provo, but He knew they'd make me happy. And what a blessing they are. I love the little duckies even though some of them aren't very little. Some of those suckers are MASSIVE! Still, they are darn cute! Everyone should find their "Ducks" of life.
I love nature. I love that the Lord has placed us in a world that is so beautiful and full of so many wonderful natural things. Take the time some day to stop, take the i-pod headphones out of your ears, sit down on a bench (or the ground) and just watch nature. Close your eyes and listen to the sounds. Look around you and count how many colors you see or if it's winter, try to appreciate, for once, the snow that is blanketing the earth in white instead of complaining that it's too cold or too slippery. It's amazing how differently you'll feel after just a few minutes of turning off society and the technological world to dive into nature and all it's wonders.
YAY! Now you have a place for all that stale bread! LOL! How fun for you! I love ducks. There's the prettiest duck pond at the London temple. We're gonna miss it so much!
ReplyDeleteAw. :) I know what you mean. They are cute. And I agree, there are tons of little blessings like that around here! It's wonderful, because everybody has a different little blessing that gets them through the day, which means that all of the Lord's creations are appreciated by someone. That makes me happy. :)
ReplyDeleteMy blessings are ususally goofy children's comments...or yellow shoes...or outside recess! :) LOL!
ReplyDelete