Monday, February 9, 2009

Testing 1..2..3...

Can you define what antigenetic shift is? Can you draw and label an influenza A virus?
Biology is an interesting subject for me. Sometimes I really really enjoy it. Then as I study for the test I feel completely incompetent. I am wide awake in every class, I look over my previous notes and the notes that my Professor posts on Blackboard and yet, even now, there are only a few questions that I truly feel confident in answering.
That's just one type of test that I feel has been prevalent in my life at the moment. The other one, which encompasses many other smaller...quizzes if you will, is Patience. Having friends who are serving missions, your best friend being one of them, is SO amazing but at the same time it's hard to stomach that there is still another year before most of them get home.
Sonic. What a weird kind of blessing. I love the fact that I have a job. I never want to seem ungrateful for it but the problem is this. I don't work as much as I need to. For example, I don't work today and I only work 3 hours tomorrow. I'm don't even know about the rest of the week. But I have come to a decision. I am going to fill out my FAFSA in order to get student loans. I seriously DREAD the idea of being in debt but I also dread the idea that 4 years of school will take me 8 all of which would be paid by a Sonic paycheck. Yuck, no thanks. If I could graduate and start my career I would be able to start paying off that debt. Yes, I do understand that loans aren't for everyone however I feel that it is what I need to do. If I can get just a few thousand dollars in loans for a year, I could at least be a part time student (6 credit hours) and work on campus. I would love to have 12 credit hours and feel like every other stressed out college kid and I think that's what I need to do. I feel very strongly about that.
Time falls under this Patience thing. Time should really be number one on the list but, oh well. Anywho, because I have a plan, I want to execute it right this second. However, I have to print out my FAFSA papers and sign them and send them to my parents for them to sign and then double check them to make sure that everything is correctly filled out and THEN I can send them in. Whoo Hoo! Problem, I have to wait day by day for who knows how long to see if A-I'm qualified for the money I need and B-If I am qualified I still have to wait to hear that I am.
It's not a fun experience but I suppose that if I had done this four months ago it wouldn't be so bad.
On a brighter note my friend, Alisa, is coming down from BYU-Idaho this weekend to see and hang out with me! I love Valentines Day. It's interesting to me that so many people hate it. To me it's not just a day for celebrating that you are married, engaged or "taken". It's a FABULOUS holiday dedicated to LOVE! How awesome? Love for your friends, neighbors, church leaders, teacher, family...EVERYONE! I get to spend mine eating cookie dough, wearing my fuzzy slippers and warm PJ's and watching Sleepless in Seattle or Charade...some wonderfully made movie old or new. I am SO excited. It's somewhat interesting that I feel so strongly about it because out here at good ol' BYU where everyone is OBSESSED (okay, that's not quite fair, not everyone is obsessed) with getting married or finding your eternal companion. Don't get me wrong, it's important but...gag me. Geesh, some of these girls, in their 20s are completely heart broken because they're 'Old maids!" HA! Okay, sorry, I think that if you find the true love of your life at 22 GREAT! But just because you haven't doesn't mean that you'll look like an old shriveled up prune by the time you hit 25. Good grief! Get a life for goodness sakes! Be Columbus! Set sail, wanting to find that new world, but not so obsessed that you miss it! Keep a steady course, serve others, never give up and then one day WAMMY! You'll end up in your "American Continent" when you really went looking for "India".

No comments:

Post a Comment