I will be moving out to BYU here in less then a month. Needless to say the idea frightens me to death but excites me more then ever. It's weird to think about not having mom or dad close but on the other hand it's a release.
I know I need to grow up. I also know that it won't be easy. In fact, I'm pretty sure that it'll top my "Hardest Things about Life" list. I probably won't stay number one but it'll definitely hold 1st place for awhile.
I am grateful that two of my wonderful and beautiful sisters live out there. They are very much rocks right now. I'm also excited because my cousin lives out there. It'll be so much fun...but nerve wracking at the same time.
It's nice to know that I'll be learning though. Heaven knows I make enough mistakes about life, that specific knowledge is crucial, but I'll be in school, too, and that is really comforting.
I'm still trying to find a job but everything will work out. I have to believe that. So many things that I never thought could work out have worked out. To me, it's a sign that going to school is the right thing to do. AND I AM SO EXCITED!
Yay! I'm glad you're excited! The idea of moving out is kind of exhilarating isn't it? But, sooner or later it will all fall into place and you'll be independent before you know it. Then you just get to feel homesick every so often instead of homesick AND terrified... its an exchange of emotions...
ReplyDeleteI agree with Julie. You grow up, move out, and move on. Its scary, exciting, sad, happy, strange, and wonderful all at the same time. The independence part comes with some hard work and sometimes some hard lessons, but it always comes. And don't worry, a little bit of homesickness never hurt anyone. It is a tug on the heart that you are supposed to remember your home and your family. Otherwise, it might be too easy to get wrapped up in life and forget. You will have fun. Even if you are going (ugh) BYU! LOL!
ReplyDeleteWow! You have a blog! And HOW exciting you're moving to provo! So are we in May! You're gonna love it! Yeah, it'll be scary but super way fun too! I'm excited for you!
ReplyDeleteJenni