Friday, December 19, 2008

By My Side

The day was dark
The rain fell hard
But someone stood beside me.

My life seemed wrong
I'd lost my song
But someone stood beside me.

I was deep in despair
Thought that nobody cared
And still He stood beside me.

I slumped my shoulders as I walked
My weight to hard to bear
And still He stood beside me.

I turned to the man who stood by my side
And asked him simply, "Why?"
He looked at me with a smile
And a tear fell down his cheek.
"My friend," He said,
"I will never go,
to leave you on this road alone.
When days are rough
and life is cruel,
just know I love you so."

I studied His face
and with tearful surprise
I found I knew the man
Who stood by my side.
I blushed with embarrassment
At my gloomy behavior
For this man
Was no question
My Lord, My Savior.

1 comment:

  1. WOW! Caitlin! did you write this? It's amazing! I love it! seriously! And i'm adding you to my blog roll! It looks like I've missed out on some great blogs you've posted!

    ReplyDelete