This whole week has been a wild and wacky weather week. I'm thinking that night have some reason as to why I have this unbearable cold. Anyway, I turned on the weather channel this morning and the cheery weatherman declared that we would have a beautiful sunny day with a high of 28 degrees. Somehow don't think that beautiful, sunny, and TWENTY-EIGHT degrees should ever belong in the same sentence...ever.
Now I really don't mind the cold, nasty, harsh, windy, snowy, rainy, whatever kind of weather but I DO mind when the sun is shining, there is no snow on the ground and I'm freezing my tooshie off! It just seems to be the ultimate oxymoron to me. "Hey look it's so sunny outside!"-Yeah, sunny, sure, but don't walk out the door because your nose'll fall off and who wants to be nose-less for the rest of their life??? Not me!
The strange thing about all of this is that I wouldn't mind if it was 28 degrees and snowing, or even just cloudy. It doesn't seem right for it to be so cold when the sun is out! It's like Snow Miser and Heat Miser are compromising in a very sick and twisted way. You see Snow Miser has aloud Heat Miser to let the sun shine, no clouds in the sky, in exchange for a wonderful 28 degree day. Oh joy! ...Hmph! That's what I think.
I suppose I'm so upset about this because I have a cold and no matter what the weather is like, I'd rather be in bed, in my nice warm PJ's, sleeping a NyQuil induced sleep, than here at work...where I get to look out of my 2 window-walls and see the sun shining or so merrily over a freezing Louisville, KY.
Oh well, I suppose I should soak up a much vitamin D as possible, it'll probably get really nasty next week, which I really won't mind so long as the sun and the temperature are cooperating with each other.
Well, I've decided to ammend this. Weather men don't know everything. ( I never thought they did.) It is now cloudy and cold. Therefore, I don't mind! :)
ReplyDelete