I don't understand how people can be so utterly careless when it comes to slick, icy roads. It's seriously boggles my mind that some people believe that despite the weather, they are invincible while in their car.
Yesterday, two friends and I were driving to Cincinnati however the weather was such that the snow was quickly turning into ice on the road. We were trucking along at a whopping 35 miles an hour on the interstate, while others were carelessly flying by us, all the while swerving because their cars couldn't handle the ice.
I suppose that there are those people who really just don't know how to drive in bad conditions, considering that Kentucky isn't really known for bad winters. Yes, there is ice and yes, it does snow but if you'd been there yesterday you would've thought that half the people on the road had never experienced driving in ice or snow...ever.
I'm grateful that my friends and I made it to and from Cincinnati safely, but it saddens me that most likely 1/2 of the 10 accidents we witnessed occurred because someone was being careless.
So next time you take a drive in the ice, please be considerate of your own life as well as others.
No comments:
Post a Comment