Thursday, December 11, 2008

Creative Writing?

I have a horrible habit. You see, I have snippets of what sheer fabulousness where I conjure up some darn near wonderful scenes that could be used in a book. The problem is that I can't ever come up with a simple storyline to connect that one snippet with others to make a coherent story.
I have written a long story...almost 250 typed pages...however, I am constantly caught in the predicament that the story doesn't connect well and in other places my head hurts because the story line is just too darn complex. I've tried almost 7 times to edit and simplify to some avail but it's still messy. The option of starting all over again is becoming more and more appealing. (Even though that would be one stinkin' tedious job!)
It is one of my follies. A huge one. I don't mean to toot my own horn when I say this but, were it not for that stinkin' problem, I believe that I have a very good story tucked away inside the file cabinet that is my brain.
Maybe I should do that in school. Study creative writing? Hmm, something tells me it would be A LOT of writing. But I do like writing...creative writing at least...hmm...

1 comment:

  1. Oooo... Me gusta! Cute background girly girl. blogging is fun eh? ;)

    ReplyDelete