Tuesday, June 19, 2012

I Love To See The Temple...(Part 1 of 4)

...I'll go inside someday. 

Well, okay, I've already been inside the temple but only for Baptisms. 
In exactly 30 days I will be going through the temple for my Endowment. I am so excited!
I've been studying and preparing myself for this day for a long time and I am so excited to go! I'm just a little bit nervous though, you know? It's new and unfamiliar and so I think it's okay to be a little nervous. But I'm more excited than I am nervous. (That wasn't the case a month or so ago...I got really nervous and worried and I think I was intimidated, to be honest. That has changed though.) 

I've been lucky enough to visit a few temple around the world. In fact, my first temple trip where I was able to do work was in Madrid, Spain! Talk about EXCITING!! It was so cool. In one session of baptisms I heard them done in English, French, Spanish and Portuguese. It was truly a very wonderful experience. 

Below are the pictures of the temples I've been in. 

Albuquerque, NM. (I went to the dedication.)
Madrid, Spain. (My first "temple trip")
Oklahoma City, OK
Louisville, KY 
Nauvoo, IL
Manti, UT
Provo, UT
Mount Timpanogos, UT 
Draper, UT
Newport Beach, CA


 I feel as though I am missing a couple...
Even if you've seen it before you should watch this video. They are amazing. 


I am SO EXCITED!! 

P.S.-I'll be going through the Manti, Utah temple!! 

3 comments:

  1. Did you live in new Mexico? I served my mission and lived down the street from the temple!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Caitlin, bet you didn't even know I read your blog. I'm a creeper like that. :)

    Anyway, every time a friend of mine goes through the temple for the first time I have to recommend reading "The Holy Temple" by Boyd K. Packer. The bishopric usually gives you a pamphlet of quotes from this book and for a reason, it is great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also really enjoyed Prepare Now for the Temple by Brittany Mangus and House of Learning by the Walkers. There is overlap but they just give some different perspectives. I'm so excited for you!

    ReplyDelete