Every week Neil and I have a date night. (We do it to make sure that we keep dating even thought we're engaged and getting married soon.)
Anywho...
Last night was my turn to plan the date. It's been awhile since I've planned a date so it was a little tricky for me but as I thought about it I realized that we needed to have fun and LOTS of it.
Lately, I've been thinking about how kids have it easy. SO EASY. (I can't believe I EVER took those long work-free, care-free, sunny, happy summers for granted.) Neil and I were in need of an easy, relaxing, fun night and so I decided that we would go back to the good ol' days.
We built a fort.
With blankets, books, my couches and a lamp stand.
We had a picnic.
With PB&Js, lemon yogurt (Neil's pick), sour cream & onion chips (my pick), grapes, carrots and caprisuns.
(We had the picnic inside our AWESOME fort.)
We read Calvin & Hobbes.
Is there any better way to connect with your childhood???
I think not!
Lately, I've been thinking about how kids have it easy. SO EASY. (I can't believe I EVER took those long work-free, care-free, sunny, happy summers for granted.) Neil and I were in need of an easy, relaxing, fun night and so I decided that we would go back to the good ol' days.
We built a fort.
With blankets, books, my couches and a lamp stand.
We had a picnic.
With PB&Js, lemon yogurt (Neil's pick), sour cream & onion chips (my pick), grapes, carrots and caprisuns.
(We had the picnic inside our AWESOME fort.)
We read Calvin & Hobbes.
Is there any better way to connect with your childhood???
I think not!
| Top Left: Our picnic foods. Top Right: Our super awesome fort. Bottom Left: My handsome man in the fort! Bottom Right: Calvin and Hobbes books. |
It was a really fun night and it makes me happy that I got to spend it with Neil.
YAY for date nights!
Eeek! So cute! Carl built me many a fort in our first year of marriage :)
ReplyDelete