Friday, January 1, 2010

Well, It's the New Year.

Yes, 2010 is now here and with it comes a lot of exciting things. My 20th birthday (holy cow) two of my friends are getting home from their missions in April another in July, one of my 3 best friends is getting married in April...it's just going to be a very VERY good year! Another splendid this this new year brings is resolutions. Yes, my friends, it's time to put into action all the wonderful and exciting New Year's Resolutions I've concocted for myself. I have 4. But first let's visit last year...
2009 Resolution
No caffeine.-This little bugger was hard at first but then I was grateful that I moved here to Utah where you can find almost any beverage caffeine free! It's splendid. I gave it up because a-it really isn't all that good for you 2-I was addicted to Dr. Pepper (who can blame me??) and c-It didn't help me at all. In fact I never felt energized from it. I always felt lazy and tired. It was no bueno. But I made it through the year without once drinking caffeine. I am very proud of myself! :)
Now for 2010...
1-No eating out except for special occasions. (i.e. Birthdays, homecomings, etc.) This I decided because, for one, I'm a poor college student and it'll save me LOTS of money and two because I have plenty of food here at home. :)
2-No Soda. Not only will this help my teeth and possibly my weight, it'll help my energy! And Heaven knows I need all the energy I can get! I don't think this will be a challenge since I usually just have water everywhere I go. And since I'm not eating out, I don't think this will really be a problem. :)
3-No "sweets" during the week. Now, I define sweets as any of the following: candy, cake, pie, pudding, etc. So this may in fact be a challenge because I love me some candy and I have plenty left over from Christmas presents and birthday parties but I still have the weekends where I can have the sweet stuff. I was going to say no sweets at all but knowing me that would be too much of a restriction. So I am allowing myself to eat some on the weekends and during holidays. I think this will work out just splendidly.
4-Finish the Book of Mormon by April. I started last year and then my ward started a challenge in, oh what was it, October? or November?...Anyway, the challenge was to finish it by the end of the school year. Right now I have 2 chapters left in Mosiah and after I tackle Alma I should be good!
So there you have it. My four New Year's resolutions. I hope that I can stick to these like glue! I also hope that you all have made some and have the strength not to bend or break! HAPPY NEW YEAR!

1 comment:

  1. Good luck girl! I know you can totally do it because you are totally amazing!

    ReplyDelete