Relief Society is amazing. No questions asked. The Lord is even more so. He knows what you need to hear when you need to be humbled and he knows who to send to say it. Sometimes it's surprising though. Sometimes that messenger is yourself.
I don't know if this happens to anyone else but sometimes people come to me for advice. (Okay, I know that happens to everyone at one point but there's something else.) After I've heard their story be it happy, sad, angry, confused or what have you, I start in on helping them sort it all out. Not that my almost 20 years of life holds so much advice for others that they should even come to me...Anyway, then as you're giving your advice you say something that fixes a huge problem you've been avoiding. Anyone? Anyone? Don't lie to yourself, it's happened to you before.
Well, today this happened to me in reverse. I was the one pouring out my frustrations about something and then I said one little sentence that just made everything click. It was the most embarrassing "duh" moment I think I've ever had. I doubt the person I was talking to even realized it but I felt like an idiot.
Now for why Relief Society was so amazing. So, you know when you get a piece of knowledge and you don't know what do to with it? Kind of like, "Gee, I know I should do this but how do I approach it gently and with care and concern?" Yes well, THAT was why Relief Society was amazing today. It was clearly outlined for me by the teacher and the girls that participated (again, including myself-more "duh" moments). All in all today was a day of learning and growth. The tender mercies of the Lord are incredible. And who knows? Maybe there are even more to come and the day is barely halfway through!
Ok, can I just say how much I am grateful for you and your comments in Relief Society?! You are truly amazing and a wonderful influence to all the lives you touch. Truly, truly you are a blessing. Thank you. Thank you so much!
ReplyDelete<3 You!