Tuesday, December 8, 2009

R.I.P Gunner, You Were A Great Dog.

Gunner was a really good dog and I miss him. He died earlier today from a gunshot wound. I'll always remember him waiting up for me to come home when I was out late. He'd wait by the door and then follow me to my room as if he was my escort. He'd even wait for me to tell him goodnight before going over to the top of the stairs on our landing and laying down to guard us girls while we slept. He was a fun dog. If you were ever bored you could just give him an empty soda bottle and he'd be entertained for days, therefore, so would you. Gunner was also (on occasion) cuddly. I would be sick or just laying on the couch and he would come and rest his head next to mine as if to say he was sorry I was sick but that he loved me. He was also a stubborn little bugger sometimes. Some mornings he wouldn't eat breakfast without a raw egg mixed in. He also liked to run off, which in the end is how he died. But he was a friendly dog who really loved people. (Believe it or not, some dogs do NOT fit that category.)
Rest in peace, Gunner. I love you.

1 comment: