Tuesday (the 24th):
I work in the Records and Registration office at BYU. Therefore I work with transcripts. Sending them and all that jazz. Well, I cannot tell you how many transcripts we had to send! You'd think that people wouldn't wait until the day before Thanksgiving break to send a transcript to a Grad school due on the 1st of December! Anyway, the thing that I was extremely grateful for was (and still is) the magical thing I like to call a "licker". It's a pen that moistens the seal on an envelope. It was seriously a blessing. :)
Wednesday:
I worked this day but campus was a wasteland. NO ONE who didn't have to be here was! So work was basically all about playing games, putting up Christmas decor, drinking hot chocolate and chatting about our plans for Christmas. I was really grateful for the relaxation! At work of all places! lol.
Thursday:
Seriously, so many things to be grateful for! 1-Family-people who will always love me and always be there for me. 2-friends who I can just be my crazy self with and yes, they do still love me! 3-A place to sleep every night. A place that is warm and well kept. 4-A healthy body. Though I have very minor silly little things (like Lactose intolerance and heart-burn) I can walk, run, skip, jump, play football, play basketball, and so much more! I also don't have to see a doctor every other week or take 20 pills everyday. For those things I am so grateful. Thursday was a good day. I went up to Pocotello, where my grandma lives, with my sisters and Bradford (Julie's boyfriend). We were able to serve at a Soup Kitchen type thing that Kimberly's friend's family has been doing for 20 years (I'm pretty sure it was 20 years...). We decided to take a route and deliver hot and cold meals to people who needed them. It felt really good. I like serving. :)
Friday:
Sleep. And more family. And more friends. lol. My alarm clock around 10:00am on Friday was my Dad calling to see how my Thanksgiving was. I love my Dad. He's my hero and one of the very few people I look up to. It was nice being to talk with him for awhile and though I've known that I miss my Dad, talking with him so close to when I'll be going home for the break made me realize HOW much I miss him. After hanging up with him my Mom called. I kid you not, about 3 minutes had passed. It was also really nice talking to her too. And, as with my dad, I realized that I miss my mom more than I thought. Basically, I miss my family and I can't wait to be home for a bit.
Friday night was really fun too. Not to many people were back from break yet so I felt like the apartment...as well as all of Provo, was somewhat empty and I'd have to just watch a movie...by myself. Well. That was not the case. I found friends! YAY! lol. But really, I did. And they came over and we made and ate cookies and watched a movie and I didn't feel lonely. I really felt loved! It was amazing.
Saturday:
BYU beat it's rival U of U and I got to go ( I didn't think I'd be able to) and experience the whole thing first hand! THAT was exciting and so tiring! I don't think I've ever gotten so anxious about any game in my life! lol. I will say here and now that what Max Hall said was not appropriate BUT everyone is human. That game was a dirty game all around and anyone who tries to argue otherwise is in denial. Nothing anyone did to Max Hall's family justifies him saying what he said however it was said. People? It's a game. Seriously. The players are really the only ones who benefit (or not) from winning (...or not.) I think it's just plain silliness to stop talking to your neighbor because of something a football player said, didn't say, did or didn't do. Rivalries are supposed to be fun, light hearted things and the crazy, insane, and sometimes ridiculous FANS are the ones who make it just plain mean. Anyway, I'll step off my soap box now and continue on with blessings...
Sunday:
Naps and, drum roll please, FRIENDS!!! I know, I know, I already said that 3 times but it always amazes me how much someone can do for you and barely know you! I have a few new friends, just some girls from church that I didn't know well and now know better, and we spent almost all of Sunday baking. 3 batches of cookies, chocolate covered pretzels and rice crispy treats. We plated and delivered them to some people in our ward and I cannot tell you how much fun I had. Sharla and Jenny are AWESOME!
Monday (I know, Dec. 1st is not in November but I'm on a roll!):
I think I say this every Monday but I don't care, FHE!!! I love my little family! Everyone comes, everyone participates, everyone ( I think) likes being there! It's just really satisfying to feel like I'm doing my "job" well. Seriously every single one of them is unique to the other and yet we all get along. I love them, I love them, I love them!!!! I can't say it enough.
Aside from FHE I'm also very grateful for Home teachers who are willing to come assist me at 10:30 at night. 'nough said.
Now, for the thing that seriously made my night on Monday. My dear friend Angela who happens to be in my FHE family AND my visiting teaching companion sent me a text that said "Look outside your door." Sitting there on the welcome mat was a pint of Cookies and Cream ice cream with the sweetest card ever. I don't know how she knew, but I needed that. No, not the ice cream but the gesture. Literally, I saw the present and started crying. It had been one of those days and she made it so much better. She cared. For her inspiration, I'm very grateful.
Tuesday:
I went to Boondocks, a fun center place, with my friend Matt and I had an amazing time. It was nice to just go and play laser tag and a wild assortment of arcade games and eat pizza...it was like being a little kid again. A little kid with no cares in the world. It was a nice break from being "a grown up". :)
Today: (Phew, I made it!)
Glee. Glee is a funny little show that my roommates and I bond over. Honestly I think that's the only thing that we ALL like watching! It's really nice to just sit with each other and watch a show. My roomies are great!
No comments:
Post a Comment