Monday, November 23, 2009

This Day Two Years Ago.

Friday:
So, sometimes when you have a crazy morning and you're mind is in a billion different places you can forget to eat. Or at least I did. I also don't carry my debit card with me (too much of a temptation) and forgot to pack a lunch. I made it to work and wanted to cry because I was so hungry. I called my roomie and she wasn't available. The other two I knew were busy as well. So I sat there, wondering what I could do. Then a thought came to me. "You have visiting teachers who are in place to help you. Call Anna." So I did. Not more than a half hour later I was being handed lasagna an apple turnover and pink lemonade. I was speechless. I'm pretty sure all I could say (over and over) was "thank you so much". I am so grateful for the organization of the church. It's more amazing than I can comprehend!

Saturday:
Ha, well. Let's just say that I'm glad for second chances. It's too embarrassing to go into details but I'm VERY grateful for second chances and starting over again. :) Anyway, I'm also grateful for new friends and "rebellious" actions. HA! Rebellious! Psh. We all came up to campus to watch a movie on a projector in one of the many many many rooms on campus and ended up getting kicked out an hour later. It was great. lol. :)

Sunday:
VISITING TEACHERS! NICE NOTES!!! and HOME TEACHERS! YAAAY! I love them all but mainly, I'm really really grateful for the friends that I have in my visiting teachers. Those girls, Anna and Jaime and amazing-fabulous-fantastic-wonderful...I could go on! They knew what I needed to hear and they taught it with such amazing love. I seriously can't thank the Lord enough for those girls. Not only are they my visiting teachers, they are wonderful friends and amazing examples to me. I love them very very much.

Today:
My senior year of high school,exactly two years ago, I lost a very good friend in a car accident. I'd had a lot of time to get to know her because we were in Choir together and I was helping her in our spare time to prepare for All-State Choir the next semester. We auditioned and both made it. Megan, myself and two other of our friends were planning on rooming together, needless to say we were all really excited.
She passed away the night of Nov. 23 2007. It was hard and knowing what she had planned for her life made it harder to realize she was gone. From that I was able to gain a much stronger testimony of the Plan of Salvation. I will be able to see Megan again and we'll be able to sing and laugh just like we did when she was here. I'm so grateful for that knowledge and I'm grateful that I was able to have Megan as a friend even though that time was short. She was an amazing young woman and though I miss her very much, I know she's in a much happier place now.
Live, Laugh, Love. That was her motto and she lived it to a T.

No comments:

Post a Comment