Thursday, November 19, 2009

Od's Fish M'Dear!

Saturday-
Was OOBER FUN! My ward held a Turkey Bowl and I scored the first touch down for my team!!! So not only I was grateful for an amazing ward, an amazing time and crazy weather (it started to snow the last few minutes of the game...) I was and still am grateful for the ability I have to walk, run, tackle and play.

Sunday-
Sunday started as a difficult day but by the end, I couldn't have asked for a better day. I'm very very grateful the comfort that comes from knowing that I have a loving Father in Heaven who wants me to return home to live with Him. I know that's true and I'm grateful for it.

Monday-
F.H.E. OH MY GOSH! I love it! My family is just about the most amazing family EVER! Everyone comes, everyone participates and gets involved in the lesson. This past Monday, mostly everyone stayed for an extra half hour just playing games and hanging out. It's amazing because our family isn't just a group of people getting together because we have to. We get together because we're friends and we enjoy FHE. I'm grateful that everyone makes the effort to care and to be there every week. :)

Tuesday-
I'm grateful for 8 hours of studying aside from class and homework time. I got a B on my Stats test! I'm sure for some people a B is not good but for me? In Stats? Yeah, that's pretty flippin' FANTASTIC! Tuesdays are also my days off...which I'm sure I've mentioned before but I'm grateful for the downtime I have to just..be. I don't have to run back and forth between classes and work and homework trying to squeeze in laundry and cleaning my room and the apartment and all that jazz. I can do it all at my own pace and THAT makes me happy! I'm also really grateful for Dinner group. We have it every Tuesday-Thursday. It's fabulous.

Wednesday-
Capture the Flag. It's way fun and I got to play for two hours with my ward! I'm extremely sore today but that's just what happens when you play hard! lol. It was a lot of fun and after we were done the organizer of the festivities had bought us doughnut holes (which were so stinkin' YUMMY) but we had left overs. SO, we went over and stood at the bottom of the stairs in the testing center. Anytime someone came down, after finishing a test, we cheered and offered them a doughnut hole. You should've seen some of those kids faces. It was priceless!

Now for Today-
The day isn't quite over yet but I'm really grateful for my Living Prophets class. That and prayer. The Lord definitely knows how to get your attention. Elder Holland is amazing and I know that he is an Apostle of a true and living Heavenly Father. Elder Holland really is just an amazing man. If you ever get the chance to study the lives of our living leaders DO IT! You won't regret it. Ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment