Friday, November 13, 2009

When We Lose One Blessing, Another Is Often Most Unexpectedly Given In Its Place-C.S Lewis

Thursday:
Well, it's kind of twisted but I'm grateful for failure. I failed the first test in my ENTIRE life last night and, oddly enough, I laughed. Not because I was happy and not because I didn't care but because, well, why cry? I studied, I took the practice test, I went to the in-class and out-of-class reviews and I did my best. In this case my best was a failure but I couldn't have done more. So why worry myself, and beat myself up? If you fail and give up, you've brought the biggest failure upon yourself. So I will not give up, though I may not "do well" in an academic sense, I will do my best and that's all I should ask of myself.

Today:
Work luncheons. Yum. Today we had a Turkey sandwich day. People brought sandwich makings, others brought salads and the rest brought pie! Although, I only ate 1/2 a piece of pie, I did enjoy my turkey sandwich. I don't like turkey most of the time but it was pretty tasty in between two pieces of bread, cheese, mayo and tomatoes. (Tomatoes are also on my 'take care when eating' list-heartburn...really really badly-but it was yummy!) Anyway, I'm grateful that we were all able to come together and enjoy lunch together. What's more is that I didn't have to prepare a lunch for myself last night or this morning! It was great. :)

2 comments:

  1. You have such an amazing attitude! I love it. First time I failed a test, also here at BYU, I hid under the stairs in the next building and cried for a really long time. Looking back, I really was a pathetic wreck! I'm glad you chose the higher road. :)

    ReplyDelete