Well, Saturday was the big day.
Yes, Neil and I suited up in our "Turkey Trot" shirts and headed to Sandy.
It was SO COLD!! I thought every part of my body was going to freeze and then fall off!

Funny, how once you start running you get hot. Duh. Anyway, we ran and had a good time. I ran slow and Neil ran fast but we both finished and THAT my friends, is what is important.

Funny, how once you start running you get hot. Duh. Anyway, we ran and had a good time. I ran slow and Neil ran fast but we both finished and THAT my friends, is what is important.
![]() |
| My first ever race number (bib)! |
![]() |
| At the finish line-I'm really glad this pic does a good job hiding how red my face was... |
![]() |
| The temple! I got to see this for a good portion of the race. The pic is blurry though because I didn't stop running. |
So, funny story. A few weeks ago I registered Neil and I for this race. Well, on Friday when Neil picked up the shirts and bibs, I noticed that the tag said, "Women's Race". I immediately thought, "Oh no! It's an all girls race!!" I quickly realized that wasn't the case but I didn't know what was. The next morning, after some further reflection, I realized that I had registered both Neil and myself in the Women's 20-24 age group category. So, there he is, running and what do you know? My mister came in FIRST! In the Women's 20-24 age group that is. BUT he did come in 11th OVERALL! What a stud! He actually finished the race in about the time that I am "supposed" to according to the training app I use but I was just trying to finish. We can work on my time in the next few races. I came in 108th overall (NOT last, might I add) and 10th in the Women's 20-24 age group. ![]() | ||
| I'm pretty sure I could walk a mile faster but like I said, I'll work on my time in my next few races. |
It was fun, hard, exciting, cold and crazy but I enjoyed myself and the feeling I felt when I crossed the finish line is unbeatable. We'll see what's in store for me next. Who knows, maybe I'll just have to start training for a 10K...we'll see.
P.S.-One more item has been crossed over my "Bucket List"!!!!! SO EXCITING!!






YOU ROCK!! P.S. I totally laughed out loud when you said you signed Neil up with the girls! I would so do that!
ReplyDelete