Well, after two months of training and working hard, I have been told I am not allowed to for 4-6 weeks.
Grr.
Why? Oh, you know, just a stress reaction in my foot.
What is a stress reaction?
Accord to Doc. Foot Man, it is a precursor to a stress fracture. Therefore if I continue to run or do any high impact working out, I will most likely get a stress fracture. Which would mean 6-8 weeks of
NO RUNNING instead of 4-6.
In fact, Doc Foot Man (not his real name btw) thinks that it's already fractured but that the fracture was too small to show up on the x-ray. Which, according to him, happens all the time. PPppthth. So, he asked me, "How would you like to treat it? Like a stress fracture or a stress reaction?"
Let's see, no running for 6-8 weeks and possibly a "walking" boot, OR no running for 4-6 weeks with no boot. Hmm...that's a hard one doc! NOT.
Anyway, no running unless it's in the pool. Elliptical and spinning is okay. Speed walking is okay too, but I think I'd be too tempted to just run.
Anyway, until then, I'll just be hanging out at the gym hitting the elliptical and the bikes.
No comments:
Post a Comment