Wednesday, October 3, 2012

My Best (Girl) Friends

You know how they say that you can have more than one best friend?

So. True. 

I never lived long enough in one location to say that "So-and-so was my childhood best friend" but when we moved to Kentucky, I found two girls (or rather they found me) that I could call my Best Friends. 

They are beautiful, talented, funny, smart and so much more. I love these girls with all my heart and I miss them very much today all the time, but especially today. 

Alisa:
Man alive, this woman is amazing! She has taught me so much about loving life. Carefree and so willing to love someone for who they are and not what they look like or what they have. She is married now, to the wonderful Carl and they have a baby on the way. I am so excited for them, I just wish that they'd move to Utah so that we could be closer. Alisa graduated a while ago and now does some tutoring in KY. That's too far away for my liking but I do get to see her next month! (Fingers crossed!)
Erin: 
I don't know what I'd do without her! She has taught me so much about overcoming adversity and obtaining your goals. Right now is is WAAAY far away, as she is in Thailand serving a full-time mission for our church!! She's been teaching and serving the Lord and just happened to be able to go and play with tigers. I'm totally jealous. She is happy (from the sound of it) and I am happy for her. She is doing just a selfless thing but I cannot wait for her to be home. I miss her so much.

 I love them both and miss them very much but that life for you right? The thing I love about them is that we can go for so long without seeing each other or even talking (due to the craziness of life) but when we get back together, it's like we were never really apart. I love them so SO much and I know that they are doing good things with their lives. Maybe we'll have to get together for a reunion once Erin gets home...Yes, I think so. Gosh, I just love them!

1 comment:

  1. I will always remember that trip to Walmart when we're in the hunting jackets!! I have no idea why lol since we've had so many trips there! MISS & LOVE YOUUUUU!

    ReplyDelete