It was a beautiful morning today.
Then I realized, "My run today is supposed to be two miles/20 minutes without stopping."
I've never run that far in one interval in my life, I'm pretty sure, so the task seemed daunting. But, I got out of bed, put on my running clothes and laced up my shoes. Neil even decided to come with me!
This whole morning I kept saying, "I'll probably have to pause the trainer and walk for a few minutes." and other things along that line but then I started running jogging and found that I wanted to do it. I wanted to prove to myself that I could do it without stopping.
And I did.
And it was HARD.
After getting home and calculating the distance that I jogged in 20 minutes, I found that I had only jogged 1.8 miles instead of the whole 2 miles. But can I tell you a secret?
I'm not too upset about it.
It was my first time running that far in one go and I am so happy and grateful that I even went that far!
I have another week of the same intervals and so next Saturday will be another 2 mile day and I actually can't wait! Next time, I'll go the full two miles!
5K HERE I COME!
5K HERE I COME!

you are making such great progress! oh how i wish we lived close enough to run together!
ReplyDelete