| My running shoes. I love them. |
Today for my run, I was supposed to run 2.5 miles/25 minutes.
Let me tell you a story.
This morning I got up and got dressed in my running clothes, as per usual. I said a prayer, used my inhaler, grabbed my key and left for my run. I'm not a very fast runner but today? I ran faster than I have before, which is still pretty slow but I knew I was running faster than ever. Even though I was running faster, I knew I wouldn't make the whole 2.5 miles if I stopped when the trainer told me to and where I normally end up stopping.
So, I paused the trainer and kept running. I ran a few blocks more and was feeling pretty darn good about myself. I was really excited to calculate how far I'd gone when I got home.
Well, I only ran 2.1 miles but the point is that I broke free from something. I kept running when the training would have told me to stop AND I had the energy to do it. I honestly think that if I'd known I needed to run even further, I could have and would have.
The exciting thing is that this week the training is all the same! So I have two more opportunities to run 2.5 miles and now I know which streets to turn on to make it that far!
Something else that excites me? A 5K is only 1 mile longer than I ran today.
And to think, just 6 weeks ago, I could barely run half a mile!
I'll keep you posted.
![]() |
| Right before I started running I snapped this. It's so Fall-y! |

Way to go Caitlin! You're amazing :)
ReplyDelete