I've recently been bitten by the crafting bug.
I want to skip classes and work and stay home and make cards and wreaths and blankets and explore new recipes! Of course, this would not work but a girl can dream right?
I think my dream job (one of them) would be to run a blog. You know? Get paid to craft and blog it, cook and blog it, clean and blog it! "Try this, don't do this, substitute this, avoid that..."
Wouldn't that be awesome?
Well, until I get there, I am in school and have to craft when I have the time.
I have done a couple of things lately and here are some pics.
Craft #1: Travel Mug
It's getting colder everyday here in Utah and I do love my Herbal Tea (Preferably the Country Peach Passion or Honey Vanilla Chamomile by Celestial Seasonings). The travel mug I had didn't have a lid. No way to close that hole at the top. I've been on the hunt for a cheap but cute travel mug and low and behold I found one at JoAnns! (Of all places...) This was in the bargain section and I bought it for $2.50. I wasn't the biggest fan of the pink/brown paper liner SO I took it out, traced the shape onto a different piece of scrapbook paper that I had on hand (only $0.59 from Hobby Lobby). And voila! I have a cute travel mug with a lid.
It's getting colder everyday here in Utah and I do love my Herbal Tea (Preferably the Country Peach Passion or Honey Vanilla Chamomile by Celestial Seasonings). The travel mug I had didn't have a lid. No way to close that hole at the top. I've been on the hunt for a cheap but cute travel mug and low and behold I found one at JoAnns! (Of all places...) This was in the bargain section and I bought it for $2.50. I wasn't the biggest fan of the pink/brown paper liner SO I took it out, traced the shape onto a different piece of scrapbook paper that I had on hand (only $0.59 from Hobby Lobby). And voila! I have a cute travel mug with a lid.
Before:
After:
Loverly, no? I love it. And if I get tired of the purple, I can always change it up!
Craft #2: Wreath
I was priveledged to spend sometime with a cousin recently and she was working on an adorable wreath and I thought, "You know I want to make one like this."
And so I did. With some differences: thinner stripes, less colors, flat felt flowers.
![]() |
| This is foam tubing that I bought at home depot for $0.97. I got six feet of it for that price! |
![]() |
| Black and White striped ribbon |
![]() |
| Finished Product! |
I am pretty sure that Cousin Kara's is cuter but she is much more experienced than I am and I'm not going to lie, I am VERY happy with how this wreath turned out. It took about 5 episodes of Alias to finish (1 episode=45ish minutes) but I refused to go to bed until this wreath was done.




Cute! Love it :)
ReplyDelete