Thursday, September 27, 2012

You Are Halfway...

"Push Through. A glorious moment is coming. Guaranteed."

I just read that on my cousin's blog and can I just say that I couldn't agree more?

As the weeks go on, my training is becoming harder and harder.  This week has longer running intervals, shorter walking intervals and it's been hard to keep pushing through.

But I have.

And guess what? I'm almost done with Training Week 4 of this program.

Halfway. 

One thing I love about this program is that for each exercise a lovely voice will tell you,
"You are halfway."

Today, while on my run, like every other exercise, that voice came on and told me I was halfway.

"WHAT?! I just started!"

Nope. I was halfway. And then I realized that after Saturday, I'll be halfway to completing my training and that much closer of reaching my goal of running a 5K. 

The last running interval was super hard. SUPER HARD. I have a lot of songs on my playlist and any song could have come on but the one that started playing was so inspiring that I just couldn't stop so close to being finished. So I pushed through, holding back tears of pain/tears of I'm-almost-there-and-I-know-I-can-do-this.

By the end of my run, my legs were jelly and I wanted to collapse but I did it. 

I finished my run.

I'm so grateful that I've been blessed with the strength, determination and will power to run and I am actually excited about running the 5K in November. 

This is the song that started playing when I was ready to give up:




2 comments:

  1. oh my gosh i love you! you are so amazing! and in all seriousness--you are so much stronger than me! you are my inspiration to do hard things!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love love that you are doing this :) Why can't I be in Utah & run with you??? Much love! <3

    ReplyDelete