It. Was. A. BLAST!
I absolutely love San Diego, CA and begged Neil to take us there for our Honeymoon. After some internet searches and finding an inexpensive hotel AND finding tickets to Sea World on a two for one deal, we decided that San Diego was our place to go!
We left during BYU's Education week and I couldn't have been more thrilled about it. Don't get me wrong, I think Education Week is fantastic when you have the opportunity to attend the classes but working on campus that week (and the week of Women's Conference) is kind of awful. Just fyi, we don't sell chocolate cinnamon bears in the Registrar's office. Sorry.
Well, I didn't have to worry about it this year! YAY! But Neil and I did have to worry about my car. The car my parent's gifted to Neil and me for our wedding. It's a 1993 Honda Accord and his name is Frankie. He's a great car and pretty reliable but driving to California in it just didn't seem wise without getting a check up first.
Oi vei. Can we say headache? The mechanic we took the car to quoted us a $600 repair cost. So many things needed to be fixed. The front motor mount, 2 belts, the gasket, a hose etc, etc etc. Well, thankfully Neil's dad is super awesome and found us the parts we needed (for less than half the price the mechanic give us) and he and Neil fixed the car all day the Saturday before we needed to leave. Well, around midnight they ran into another issue. The Radiator. It was broken and we needed a new one but at midnight on Saturday, nothing is open.
Never fear! We did eventually find a store that had the radiator we need and by 4:00 am on Monday we were off to California to bathe in the sun and the ocean. Love.
We had so much fun in San Diego. The beaches, the food, the entertainment and the company made everything perfect!
We went to Sea World and I pet some Bat Rays. Totally awesome.
We played at the beach and I got sunburned.
We also did a session at the San Diego Temple. SO. AMAZING.
We ate a lot of Mexican food...Yum.
On our way back we stopped in St. George and saw Disney's Aladdin and the Tuacahn!
It really was an awesome getaway. I love the beach and I love that I got to go with Neil. This may or may not become an annual thing. :D
Why do you have to post such lovely pictures? It makes me miss you all the more <3 Loves from KY!!!
ReplyDeletefirst, I dislike women's conference for reasons I worked a hotel and more often then not they were crabby and demanding..but I am sure somewhere out there there was a happy woman...
ReplyDeletesecond san diego sounds like a warm place to be with warm beaches...
and third your pictures are lovely!