Saturday, September 1, 2012

Date Night: Bridal Veil Falls

So, a couple of weeks ago Neil and I went to Bridal Veil Falls for our date night. I'd actually never hiked these falls and thought it might be a lot of fun even though on that particular night I was kind of feeling sick. Well, as you can see from the pictures, a short, brisk hike can do wonders for a person. 

Enjoy!
Trail head.
We had some fun on our way up.



Are we going the right way? (The Falls aren't hard to get to.)
We made it a few minutes later!!
 

Neil was taking in the beauty of the Falls when I snapped these. I started giggling before he turned and asked if I was "sneaking". Um, duh.
(Sneaking? Sneaking? Fat Hobbit is always so polite. Smeagol shows them secret ways that nobody else could find, and they say "sneak!" Sneak?)

 
Scary.
There are a few ledges once you get to the lower Falls and so I decided to be a little adventurous and climb up higher.
Then Neil followed me and went up even higher.

Kissing his buff arms. Oh dear.
So I decided I should go up there with him and stand next to the Falls. It was actually really slippery.

Look at that face! So sad.
When we climbed/slid back down to the base we saw this lovely sign:
Note: Hiking and Climbing beyond the point is STRICTLY PROHIBITED.
Oops. 
We had a lot of fun and are going back sometime to hike to the upper Falls! So excited!

1 comment:

  1. HAHAHA I've never seen that sign! But I've only hiked Bridal Falls once & I think I wasn't feeling well either haha! Your pictures are too cute. Carl & Neil would have a blast climbing together. When we went that one time, he & his brothers hiked CLEAR to the top! I stayed below, of course ;)

    ReplyDelete