A couple weeks ago I went through this rather emotional roller coaster ride. I don't regret it, I learned a lot from it but I wish maybe I had been a little wiser in my decision making. I also wish I had been stronger than to give myself false hope. (A mistake I don't often make...) Anyway, I've been listening to all my "relationship music genres" lately and realized that I wish I could take certain lines from a bunch of different songs to make one mega-mash-up song that could appropriately sum up all the emotions. Here is my attempt to do so.
"When you see my face hope it gives you hell, hope it gives you hell,"
-Gives You Hell, All-American Rejects
"So so what I'm still a rock star I've got my rock moves and I don't need you,"
-So What, Pink
"You know fairy tales don't come true, not when it comes to you,"
-Sick of You, Selena Gomez
"I guess the change in my pocket wasn't enough, I'm like forget you,"
-Forget You, Cee lo Green
"Next time I'll be braver I'll be my own savior...No I won't let you close enough to hurt me,"
-Turning Tables, Adele
"Who do you think you are? Runnin' 'round leaving scars collecting your jar of hearts tearing love apart."
-Jar Of Hearts, Christina Perri
"I'm telling you baby, it's called Karma"
-Karma, Julie Andrew
"Nevermind I'll find someone like you, I wish nothing but the best for you,"
-Someone Like You, Adele
"I don't want mudslinging games, it's just a shame to let you walk away,"
-Ashes and Wine, A Fine Frenzy
"You and me always between the lines,"
-Between The Lines, Sara Bareilles
"We could've had it all rollin' in the deep,"
-Rollin' In The Deep, Adele
"How many times will it take for me to get it right?"
-Get it Right, Glee
"One of these days I'll wake up from this bad dream I'm dreaming. One of these days I'll pray that I'll be over, over, over you."
-Ghost of You, Selena Gomez
"He and I had something beautiful but so dysfunctional, it couldn't last,"
-Near to You, A Fine Frenzy
"I let you go now that I found a way to keep somehow more than a broken vow,"
-Broken Vow, Josh Groban
"One less man to pick up after, I should be happy but all I do is cry,"
-One Less Bell To Answer, Glee Cast Version
"Should've known you'd bring me heartache almost lovers always do,"
-Almost Lover, A Fine Frenzy
"The game is on again, a lover or a friend? A big thing or a small the winner takes it all,"
-The Winner Takes It All, ABBA
"Because of you I don't know how to let anyone else in,"
-Because of You, Kelly Clarkson
"You paint me a blue sky then go back and turn it to rain,"
-Dear John, Taylor Swift
"You told me you loved me so why did you go away?"
-Last Kiss, Taylor Swift
"Once upon a time I was falling in love, now I'm only falling apart,"
-Total Eclipse of the Heart, Bonnie Tyler
"But it's been so long, it's never easy it's like trying to spin the world the other way,"
-What Can I Say, Carrie Underwood
"I've been burdened with blame, trapped in the past for too long, I'm moving on,"
-Moving On, Rascal Flatts
"It's alright I'll be fine, don't worry about this heart of mine,"
-Leave the Pieces, The Wreckers
"Now all our memories are haunted, we were always meant to say goodbye,"
-Already Gone, Kelly Clarkson
"But you taught me how to trust myself and so I say to you this is what I have to do,"
-Where I Stood, Missy Higgins
"Make your own kind of music sing your own special song,"
-Make Your Own Kind of Music, The Mamas & the Papas
"Smile though your heart is aching, smile even though it's breaking."
-Smile, Nat King Cole
"Don't give up, because you are loved."
-Don't Give Up, Josh Groban
"There can be miracles when you believe. Though hope is frail it's hard to kill."
-When You Believe, Prince of Egypt
"Don't stop believing hold on to that feeling,"
-Don't Stop Believing, Journey
"Live like there's no tomorrow, love like it's all that we know,"
-Like There's No Tomorrow, Selena Gomez
"Hauka Matata"
-Hakuna Matata, The Lion King
"I have a dream, a song to sing, to help me cope with anything."
-I Have a Dream, ABBA
So this is definitely not a comprehensive list of songs I listen to but it works. For now.
"Put on your big girl panties!" HAHAHA It made me laugh :) We need to talk soon; it's been forever!
ReplyDelete