Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Between The Lines

"Time to tell me the truth..."

It's hard knowing that someone is telling you only half a truth because only half of them can be honest with you. It's 100% percent of half of them and you want that to be enough but in all reality it's not.

"...to burden your mouth with what you say, no pieces of paper in the way..."

I know in this lovely world of technology, texting has become a part of relationships of all kinds. The problem with this is that there is no inflection, there is no obligation to respond to any kind of communication if there is no face-to-face confrontation. It's hard for people, like myself, who are so led and directed and in tune to their emotions.

"...'cause I can't continue, pretending to choose..."

Pretending that no matter what you decide, I'll support you and be happy for you is tiring. You know I do love and support you but being dragged out through this whole process has taken its toll on me in every way.

"...these opposite sides on which we fall, the loving you laters if at all..."

We're torn, or at least I am, between these two options that only you can decide on and I have to go along with. Maybe you think that's unfair but I don't think so. I could walk away but every time I try, you reel me back in with promises of hope and that's unfair.

"...no right minds could wrong be this many times."

Which must mean that neither one of us has a "right" mind.

Changing the pace here a little bit, how the heck is it okay in your mind to drag me along and give me hope and then not even talk to me about what you're actually thinking? I get that maybe you need time to figure your ...crap...out but then you need to tell me that. I would be more than happy to give you your space and your time but there are certain things that have been exchanged between the two of us that you can't just expect me to "know" what to do. Plus, let's just point out the very obvious fact that I am a female. What female do you know that doesn't want to know what you're thinking or what you'd prefer for her to do? Especially when emotions are involved like this.

"You and me always between the lines."

No comments:

Post a Comment