Living in the present can be hard sometimes. We think about our future careers and families, we think about "how life will be better once I'm not swimming in student loans, when I have a better job, after I graduate in three years." But then there are moments when all you want is to stay right here, right now for as long as you possibly can. This weekend was one of those weekends. Though I didn't get much sleep and I was hardly at rest for more than 15 minutes on any given day, I learned what it was to live in the present.
Alisa and Carl graduated, I was able to go support them.
I went on a road trip with one of my bestest friends in the whole world! (Yes, I used 'bestest').
I stood under the wide-open Idaho sky and stared at the clear, sparkling stars and thought about how beautiful this world is if you just stop and look around.
I think the thing that was best about this weekend was that I was able to spend time with my best friends. Alisa and Erin. There was a conversation that we all had about connections and how we connect with certain people in deep ways. It's funny, you know? There are certain people in your life that you know will always have no matter what, no matter where we move, how close or far we live to one another, missions, internships, graduations, babies, etc. they will always be there. The three of us will definitely be friends forever.

Clearly. :)
Beautiful blog :) I love how you put all funny photos up! It's SO us ;)
ReplyDelete