Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Learn from the Past...

Do you ever have days that just don't go your way? Days that kind of smack you in the face and then all of a sudden you're on the ground and you don't really know all the events that led you there? Yes, I do too. Yesterday was one of them. But not for nothing. Let me explain.

There are moments in my life that I look back on and feel guilty about. I look back and think, "Thank Heavens I am not the same person." I look back and cringe at how stubborn, proud, angry and hurt I was over this particular circumstance. I look back and wish I could've changed the way I handled the situation. I think the hardest thing about it all is that it didn't just effect me. I hurt someone else in the process, someone I cared about very much...and, admittedly, still care for. But nothing comes from living in the past, only learning from it. I just hope that I'm not too late to make things better again. So, why was yesterday so hard? Because those feelings were brought back to the surface in a very blunt way. I won't go into details just know it wasn't easy to look back and see how awful I had been.

But you know what? I am so happy that I can look back on my life and say, "Thank heavens I am not the same girl I was two years ago" because in all honesty I am so much better for it. If a person can't look back on their life and see change, growth, mistakes then they haven't grown up, matured and learned much, if anything. I'm not perfect and I do have things in my past that I regret but I have learned. I have grown up, I'm still growing up. There's nothing wrong with that.

In all reality, I have changed. It's been painful and scary but I wouldn't want to be the same person I was two and a half years ago! So while learning from the past is hard sometimes, I'm so happy that I have.


No comments:

Post a Comment