Friday, March 5, 2010

Silent White Fluffy Stuff

Yes, it's March 5th and as of yesterday it has snowed in the lovely state of Utah.
Now, don't get me wrong
I LOVE snow. It's pretty (until it's pushed out of parking lots and is black) and it's fun to play in. I can't tell you how many times I've enjoyed being able to go have a snowball fight or build a snowman or slide down a hill at ridiculous speeds to curb the boredom that sometimes fills my life,
BUT
I just don't like it when the sun comes out for half the day and it's WARM and Sunny so you wear a dress and flip flops to work and then it starts down with rain then quickly turns to snow.
Gross.

So I've decided to stop being sad that it snowed because, let's be honest now folks, it's still Winter. The snow really does add an element of beauty to the earth. While I may not like walking (more like wading) through it, I do enjoy the silence of snow as it falls,
the way the birds seem to
dance
around the flakes as they're falling,
and the sort of calm that the white brings as it covers everything uniting the sky and the earth.
It's kind of
magical...
sometimes. :)

1 comment:

  1. FROM CARL: I don't know what you just said, but it sounds like withcraft.
    P.S. I like your Christmas colors.
    Love, Carl

    FROM ALISA: You are totally right :) Its not spring until March 21 (I think lol) so we might has well enojoy the wintertime while we have it!

    ReplyDelete