Monday, March 8, 2010

And The Oscar Goes To...

Yes friends, the time for the best awards show
EVER
has come and gone and I would like to share with you the
WINNERS! YAY!

For Writing:
*Best Original Screenplay: The Hurt Locker
*Best Adapted Screenplay: Precious: Based on the Novel 'Push' by Sapphire

For all you Curious Georges out there who would like to know the difference, the difference is this: Original means that it was not based on a previously existing, short (film), book or character. Adapted means that it was turned into a movie based on an existing short, book or character. In this case it was a novel.

For Visual Effects:
*Avatar

While I'm not surprised, I am curious to actually see the whole movie. I've heard the visual effect (all the fancy 3D stuff James Cameron did) were fantabulous.

For Sound:
*Sound Mixing: The Hurt Locker
*Sound Editing: The Hurt Locker

No surprise here either. Usually these two awards go to the same movie. For those of you out there who don't know the difference I'll tell you! YAY for knowledge. Anywho, Sound mixing is the balance of explosions, commentary, cars tires screeching sires wailing etc. Basically the mixer says, "Okay there is a siren going off that we need to hear but they are also talking. I have to make it so that we can still hear them talking but the siren still sounds loud." Sound editing is responsible for making a puny bomb sound like the world is coming to an end and almost every other sound made by anything but a human.

For Short Film:
*Live Action: The New Tennants
*Animated: Logorama

Live action= real people, Animated=not real people. It's fairly simple. :)

For Music (One of My FAVORITE categories)
*Best Original Soundtrack: Up!
*Best Original Song: The Weary Kind from Crazy Heart

Never saw Crazy Heart but from what they showed last night I was sad. Considering that it was in competition with 2 songs from Disney's The Princess and the Frog. Personally I think one of them should've taken the award but I have a feeling that the Academy didn't want to award 2 animated films both the music Oscars. Poo on them. I do LOVE that Up! won for soundtrack. It's just so great!

For Make Up:
*Star Trek

Live long and prosper. I loved this movie and I'm so happy that Avatar was not nominated for this category. YAY STAR TREK!

For Foreign Language Film:
*The Secret in Their Eyes (El Secreto de Sus Ojos)

I never saw this one but I'm guessing it's good. I mean, c'mon. It won an Oscar!

For Film Editing:
*The Hurt Locker
I wouldn't know, I didn't see it.

For Documentary:
*Documentary Short: Music by Prudence
*Documentary Feature: The Cove

Yeah, I don't know the difference for this one.

For Directing:
*Katherine Bigelow-The Hurt Locker

She made history last night as the first female director
to receive the Oscar for best directing.

For Costume Design:
*Sandy Powell-The Young Victoria

Again, never saw it.

For Cinematography:
*Avatar

I'm thinking that I should see this movie.

For Art Direction:
*Avatar

Alright already! I'll go see it!

For Animated Feature Film:
*Up!
I'm alright with this. I love Up!

For Best Actress in a Supporting Role:
*Mo'Nique-Precious
I didn't see it but I heard she was crazy good.

For Best Actor in a Supporting Role:
*Christoph Waltz-Inglorious Basterds

For Best Actor in a Leading Role:
*Jeff Bridges-Crazy Heart

For Best Actress in a Leading Role:

*SANDRA BULLOCK!- The Blind Side
I did see this one and if you haven't you should! So worth it! I love love love it!

So there you are, friends! The Oscars. I'm excited to see next years' nominations but until then...enjoy this years' results!

1 comment:

  1. So glad you blogged about this. Yours is the easiest sum up to read. Now, I know everything I wanted too!

    ReplyDelete