I think sometimes we expect to much of people.
I know we all run into that issue but do you ever feel like you expect really
little
of someone or a situation because you know that if you're let down it'll just leave you
a complete wreck?
Well, I've been feeling like that. A couple of friends of mine are coming home from their missions and I can't help but wonder whether the change they've gone through and the change I've gone through will make our friendships...I don't know, weird?
As much as I don't think it'll be horrible (like this mess I've painted in my head) but I can't help expecting the worse. Maybe it's because it means so much to me, they do at least, that if I tell myself now not to expect a thing, then I can prepare for it and not be let down when the time comes to see them again. And if they do still want to be my friend then I'll be delightfully surprised.
Is that bizarre to anyone?
I think it's a protective thing. That's how I protect myself. I expect the worst possible thing so that I'm never let down but only with certain things. That's not my view on life. I think you should always expect people to rise to the occasion and be the best they can be. You should never lower that bar but...oh I don't know. Maybe I'm not making any sense to anyone but me...
What do YOU think?
I know we all run into that issue but do you ever feel like you expect really
little
of someone or a situation because you know that if you're let down it'll just leave you
a complete wreck?
Well, I've been feeling like that. A couple of friends of mine are coming home from their missions and I can't help but wonder whether the change they've gone through and the change I've gone through will make our friendships...I don't know, weird?
As much as I don't think it'll be horrible (like this mess I've painted in my head) but I can't help expecting the worse. Maybe it's because it means so much to me, they do at least, that if I tell myself now not to expect a thing, then I can prepare for it and not be let down when the time comes to see them again. And if they do still want to be my friend then I'll be delightfully surprised.
Is that bizarre to anyone?
I think it's a protective thing. That's how I protect myself. I expect the worst possible thing so that I'm never let down but only with certain things. That's not my view on life. I think you should always expect people to rise to the occasion and be the best they can be. You should never lower that bar but...oh I don't know. Maybe I'm not making any sense to anyone but me...
What do YOU think?
Oh girl, I most definitely agree, and know exactly how you feel! I just don't have to worry about that for another year or two til all my friends are back! haha
ReplyDelete