Saturday, October 10, 2009

I Never Stay Up This Late

It's 3:00 am. I cannot honestly tell you the last time I stayed up this long. Although I could tell you without a doubt that the last time I did stay up this long it was by choice. Tonight is much different.
Without going into much detail at all (sorry) I've experienced some things tonight that I've experienced before but never to this degree. The energy that this situation completely drained from my body is down right ridiculous and yet it's bothering me so much that I can't even sleep. Something you should know is that for the past couple months I've gone to bed no later than 11:00p.m.! School and work keep me busy and so I keep myself rested, I hate being tired all day just because I stayed up all night doing nothing the night before.
This is silly, I know what's bothering me but I can't do anything about it. Really. The only thing I can do is let it pass. Patience, I know but I feel that if someone wants something they should go out and get it! I've always believed that if you can do something for yourself then no one, not one other person, should do it for you. Now, I know that doesn't mean that just because you want something and work to get it, that you'll get it right away. Unfortunately, a part of me still won't accept that. If I'm working for something I don't want to have to wait weeks or months, I want to be able to see, maybe even just a little, some progress. It's like a painting, Start with a blank canvas, then you add one color and another and another, up close they just look like paint blobs but if you back up the painting is the beautiful French countryside. Not until the painting is finished does one see that beauty, BUT the painter still gets to see bit by bit how he's creating his masterpiece. I feel like I'm painting with invisible paint.

On a more interesting and less complaisant note, I went to the temple today. It felt really good to be in there. But the cool story is this; I was sitting in the confirmation room and there was a girl who went before me who had the last name, Shumway. My curiosity perked up and I wondered whether we were related. You see, if you go back far enough on my family tree I am related to a man named Charles Shumway. After all the confirmations were completed and we were leaving the room I turned and asked her if she knew if she was related to Charles Shumway. She said yes and I automatically said, "We are related my friend!" It was the coolest thing EVER! She smiled and said, "My name is Haley. Look me up on Facebook!" That was the first time I'd ever had anyone ask me to look them up on Facebook at the temple. It was cool.

Well, I believe that I am all out of things to write. I probably won't sleep for awhile but I'll figure out something. That's life for you, I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment