Monday, October 5, 2009

Three Hour Naps and Warm Fuzzies

I'm sick. Nothing drastic, just your basic cold. (Which as of late has been effecting my ability to spell correctly. I discovered this while trying to send text messages to my sister last night and ended up sending almost 1/2 of them to someone else....yeah, embarrassing.) Runny nose, head hurts, chills every now and then, watery tired eyes...you know. A cold.
Well, I am forever indebted to some lovely and amazing girls (other than my roommates) who live in K3. Mary, Kate, Anna and Biz. Seriously, my heart is happy just thinking about them. They made me Cinnamon Rolls and came to visit me yesterday. As I pathetically laid there on the couch, Kate baked the rolls, Biz rubbed my feet and Mary smiled so big that I forgot I was sick...until I started coughing and sneezing all over the place. (Not really, I cover my mouth) Anyway, their selfless service and excessive coddling made me feel like a million bucks. Although, I'm sure I didn't look it.
Another little warm fuzzy in my life is a new friend. A few actually. All of whom have accepted me despite my faults and imperfections. I was able, for the first time in a long time, to just sing with one of these new friends. Many people don't understand my therapy...singing. Sure, people enjoy doing it or listening to music but it's how I get through just about everything. I'm grateful for Jared's willingness to come sing with me. I still don't think he knows just how much it meant to me and how grateful I am for his putting off homework for it. So, Jared, if you're reading this, thank you. A lot.
Today was a new day. Having been rejuvenated by General Conference (which totally rocked by the way) and a singing session, I was spiritually ready for anything. My body? Not so much. I'm still sick. But that's life I guess. I tried going to work and eventually just went home. A-I thought I was going to pass out & B-I didn't want to be responsible for getting anyone else sick. So I came home, got into a nice comfy outfit and crashed. Three hours later I woke up, still feeling sick but better.
So yeah, that's my update. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment