
I know this is a day late but I wanted to thank those men and women who selflessly give up time with their wives, husbands, children, parents, and friends to the call of duty and protect the rights and freedoms that we are able to live everyday here in the great United States.Today in sacrament meeting as many bore their testimonies of their gratefulness of our Independence, a common theme played on the tip of everyone's tongue. God sacrifice his only begotten Son to suffer in this world so that we may have a path to return to Him by. In the scriptures we can read "Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends." -John 15:13 Christ did this. He did this on a level that can not be matched for he laid down his life for everyone who was to ever enter this world. On a much smaller but still very noble scale, men and women lay down their lives for the rest of us. They are those who serve their country with pride and honor.
I am proud to say that my Dad, though he did not die for his country, did serve his country valiantly. He put aside whatever else he may have desired to be in the United States Air Force. My dad is my hero. I'm so grateful for him and the sacrifices he has made for me and my family. I'm so grateful that there are not one but two national holidays in which I can celebrate my Dad.
Sacrifice is the ultimate gift of love that anyone can give another. It is selfless and pure in the highest form.
Though the weekend is drawing to a close and Independence Day is becoming just another dimming memory, I hope that we all can remember everyday to be grateful for those who serve this country, those who sacrifice so much for us such as parents, but ultimately Our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ who laid down his life so that we could live and enjoy the beauties of this world.
I know that my Redeemer lives and that he loves each and everyone of us. I hope that you all can come to know of that as strongly as I do.
No comments:
Post a Comment