Sunday, July 26, 2009

CaLiForNia!!

It was fun. The Waves were flippin' SAWEET! SO BIG. No really! I got knocked over a few times. It was great. The sand and the salt weren't so great but that's no big deal. I camped in the back yard with 90% of the other girls and now I really want to go on a real camping trip....Grand Canyon anyone? Hmm...I do have sisters close by who like adventuring...I'll have to ask! Anyway, I took about 100-125 pics but not a lot of them are of me. Most of the pics of me are on other people's cameras! ;) I'm just going to have to have them e-mail them to me. (Wow, did you follow?) lol. So like I've said previously about Harry Potter pics..they are soon to come! AND if you really want to see all of them (because I won't stick them all on here...) you can find them on my facebook! YAY! Sheesh! I have about 3 albums I need to put up! I promise to do them tomorrow, since I have the day off. But I'll also intend on enjoying that day off and using it to wind down.
I've already unpacked...showering is my next goal. :) But you have to admit, unpacking is the hardest part. And it's not like I stink or haven't showered, I've just been in a car all day long and you know how that can be.
Anyway so about the trip. We, my little group, left Thursday morning at around...7. We arrived in California at about 3:30 and I basically stretched my body as far as it could go and layed on the ground until dinner time. Which was yummy hot dogs and hamburgers...as was almost every other meal on the trip, but not all of them. That night we went to Laguna Beach. We didn't swim, we just watched the sunset and if that's not magical I don't know what is. Anyway, Friday we went shopping and to the pool, some of us played games, some watched movies and others basically just took naps. That evening, Edwards dad, the host of our adventure, gave us a mini concert. He's a professional singer/actor. For those of you who have seen Rigoletto, he's the butler, Hauns. He sang a few old hymns/songs in honor of Pioneer Day. I never thought I'd ever hear a version of Home on The Range that would make me cry...yeah, I was wrong. He also sang, Brother, Can You Spare A Dime from New Americana (but it was made famous by Bing Crosby and Rudy Vallee), No One Is Alone from Into the Woods, which had me blubbering, it was the last song and SO powerful...SO powerful, he also sang The Melody Within from Rigoletto, Who Can I Turn To (When Nobody Needs Me) from The Roar of the Greaspaint, The Smell of the Crowd another one that made me cry and he sang The Impossible Dream from one of my favorite shows, the Man of La Mancha. Every note, every emotion that came from that man was divine and splendid. Couldn't have been more impressed. After the concert we went to Claim Jumper...the reason all Americans could lose some weight. I swear it. Burgers the size of your FACE, sandwiches as tall as your forearm is long...MASSIVE amounts of food. Yes, you pay about 13 bucks a plate but one plate could feed and FILL a family of four. Easy peasy. It was yummy. Saturday we went to Salt Creek Beach. That was FUN! I got tired of playing in the water after about 2 hours though. The sun, sand, and salt is really a lot to take in. Not to mention that the waves were ridiculously strong...and HUGE but that made it much more fun. Then we went to In and Out for Lunch, it was good. First time for everything, right? After that some people went back to the beach but I had a feeling I'd be pushing it had I gone back. (Energy wise...) Instead a few of us went back home and played in the pool. Partially because it was water to play in without getting eaten alive by sandy-salt monster and partially because we wanted to be the first ones to get to really rinse of and enjoy some quiet time at the pool! Then we had pizza and salad and fruit for dinner and then we all just hung out...like usual. Only because we were on vacation we were all kind of forced to hang out together...lol. No, it was nice to be able to chill after a long day. Then today we got up, took down the tents, packed the cars, went to Sacrament Meeting and headed out! It was nice to be on vacation but it's also nice to be back with my own bed...not on the ground without a sleeping bag...and have my own bathroom, well, one that I have to share with only 3 others instead of 27. It was a bizarre but so worth it and so fun. I'll put the pics up soon...tomorrow, because I promised, but for now, that is all. Good night!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a lot of fun! Bradford and I love camping, and I know Kimberly does too, we should plan something!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like fun...yes, Kimberly does like camping. And it would be fun to do some camping sometime...

    ReplyDelete