When I woke up today I decided that I would make myself have a good day. After all it is a decision that each of us make, to be happy, and I decided to make it. Anyway, I prepared myself for the day: showering, picking out what to wear, eating breakfast, all that jazz, and then I headed out for the bus.
Now some of the people that I have daily contact with know how much I detest having to go to the bus stop an hour and a half before my scheduled time to work. It drives me insane but because 99% of the time the buses aren't on time, it's kind of mandatory. Well, surprise of all surprises, both of my buses were on time today. Which resulted in me being forty minutes early to work. That was a bit odd, but no big deal really, I just played Solitaire until I could clock in.
Rewinding back to bus one. When I got on the bus this morning, I was delightfully surprised by dozens of little kindergardeners. My guess is that they were headed up to BYU to take a tour or see a play or something but theses little kids (with the supervision on their teachers and some parents) talked about how cool the bus was and how excited they were to go to BYU. In fact, when we got close enough to see building, one little boy squealed, "Look! I see it! It's a Y!" I couldn't help but smile. These kids were very well behaved and so cute. It was just a little something that made my day start on a nicer foot.
Of course, I could only take a bit of that happiness with me when they all exited the bus at the BYU stop but just that little bit is enough for now.
It's nice to have a pocketful of happiness when you're trying to have a good day. When you've decided to have a good day. Why? Because the adversary will stop at nothing to ensure that you don't have a good day. When you have a pocketfull of happiness, you can tap into it when the little things start to pile up into big ones. Just remember that.
A girl after my own heart! I agree with you 100%! We decide how our days are going to go! I'm so happy for you Caitlin. And sorry, it's taken a bit to respond, blogger has been acting up for me again! But I do read your posts, I just can't comment! LOL! LOVE THEM! Jenni
ReplyDelete