Friday, May 1, 2009

Mistakes.

Every single person in the world makes mistakes. You can claim to be perfect and fault free all you want but you aren't. No one is. That's just life. Which is fine. Or should be.
I'm just a little agitated, is all. I am human, which by default means that I make mistakes. And this is me we're talking about here so I make mistakes on top of being clumsy. Anyway, something has happened today that I am very very irritated about.
Earlier in the day, I was reprimanded. That's fine. I made a mistake and owned up to it, therefor it's only right that I be reprimanded for it. Yeah, well, pretend the following situation (which is not what happened to me but is equally as ridiculous.)
Situation: You get up to go get a drink from the kitchen after working long and hard on an essay or whatever. Anyway, you know that you should plug your computer into its power source but you think you'll be fine in the few seconds it takes to get a glass of water. Unfortunately that isn't the case. When you get back you find that your computer is dead and you can't remember if you saved that draft or not. STOP. Okay, right here is where most people's heart would skip a beat or stop all together. CONTINUE So frantically you fumble for the power cord and wait impatiently for your computer to re-upload and all that jazz. As soon as you are able to get back into that Word document you are there and to your RELIEF the wonderful piece of technology that is in you lap had "Auto-Recovered" your work. Hallelujah.
Okay, so like I mentioned earlier. You made the mistake of not plugging in your computer when you should've but miracles or miracles, it recovered itself. For anyone to be mad at you for not plugging in the computer on time is in a way, right. Especially if it was their essay or whatever. But because of the self back up system it shouldn't be a bigger deal for more than a few moments. My point is that no ones mistakes should be aired and re-aired and re-re-aired and rubbed in the persons face over and over and over again. It's not fair and quite frankly not nice. No matter who you are you should chill out and realize that people make mistakes.
In my situation I forgot to do something. Something that has a backup system to it. That's not any kind of justificationfor myself, no, but it would've been okay. But of course there was no mercy from my superior. I was treated like I just murdered someone. I was reprimanded (yet again, fair...) and then whenever someone came in or left..."Don't forget to do such and such which Caitlin forgets to do." Or "Hey, you did such and such right? Because you don't want to be as forgetful as Caitlin." It's rubbed in my face over and over again and I'm upset about it. I already know that I'm really imperfect but is it really necessary to make mention of my imperfections to ever single person in the office? Personally I think not but my superior finds it absolutely hilarious. For me it's plain humiliating and degrading. But what can I do? Ha. Nothing but write a stupid blog and be upset about it and ignore my superior as much as possible, drawing as little attention to myself as possible. UHG....that's my rant for the day.

1 comment:

  1. Hang in there and believe me when I say, EVERYONE In the office isn't looking at you like you're a fool or something.. they're looking at the superior as being a jerk. Believe me, I've been on the opposing side of this time and time again, and it ALWAYS makes the person belittling someone else to look bad. Cheer up. And just know character always wins in the end. You'll win. I know it! Speaking of winning Mom's day is coming up... go check out the MMW blog for some cool gloves for your mom and my blog for an antique book for you. Good luck! Jenni

    ReplyDelete