Thursday, May 7, 2009

Out of Nowhere.

Have you ever experienced those times when someone or something you didn't know you needed just popped into your life out of nowhere? Because as of late, it has happened to me.
I've been so blessed by this individual and I never even knew I needed what's been offered! For example, I have liked a young man in my ward for some time now and so I did the gutsiest thing I've ever done in my life and asked him out. (P.S.-I wanted to hurl the whole time because it was terrifying...) Anyway, he said yes so no worries, right? Hmm, not so much. There is another girl in the ward who likes him too and like every other situation in my life, he likes her back. So anyway, this could have easily been a very upsetting situation if not for my new friend. He was the one who was proud of me, and I mean REALLY proud of me for asking him out. When I told him of the situation, he was the one who helped me to realize that no matter what I did something I'd never done before and if I wasn't the one that this guy picked then A-Oh well, his loss (direct quote) B-It's not worth it and C-It's not the end of the world. Honestly, I can tell everyone reading this that it's not. I'll live and I'm perfectly happy! REALLY! It's so bizarre!
On top of helping me realize that I'm worth more than I ever could've imagined, he holds his standards high, making me reassess my own. What I've never actually FELT before is how someone can see and know the best in me and expect me to be that but if I fail they are there to help me start over again, not scold me or judge me. He makes me want to be a better person. He makes me want to be that for someone else. I never thought in all my life someone like him could just come out of nowhere and be exactly what I needed. What I need. The Lord has truly blessed me...so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment