It's a true statement. Some of these new technological devises have minds of their own. Especially my phone.
You see, yesterday I decided that I would clean the bathroom. My roommates are always so busy and for now, until I start my job next week, I just sit at home. So, to help them out, I clean the apartment. It's really not a big deal since none of us are oober messy but it's just something I can do for them so that they can come home and do homework instead of chores.
Anyway, I decided to clean the bathroom. I grabbed my roomie's laptop and inserted my favorite cleaning CD (ABBA Gold) and went to work. I cleaned the counters, the sinks, the toilet and the floor. I saved the tub for last.
Well, I turned on the water to rinse it out and then started scrubbing it. After awhile, I re-rinsed but little did I know that my mischievous cell phone, located inside the pocket of my hoodie, thought that it was his duty to help. That or he really wanted to take a bath. (My phone has never had a gender before, it's a bit strange but I guess it's a 'he' now...)
Anywho, the little bugger had about a 2 second bath before I yanked him out of the water and ripped out the battery. I left him drying on the counter for a good hour before I tried putting him back together to see if he would work.
He didn't.
Panicking, I called my friend. One thing led to another (haha, Brain Regan is stuck in my subconscious) and I was talking to a very rude person at the Verizon store who basically told me I was stupid and that everyone knows to stick your phone in rice.
I was too excited about rice to care about this man's rude behavior and left the store. When I got back home, my phone took a nice long nap in an air tight container full of rice. After a few hours (and a couple dozen prayers that it would work-because I don't have a warranty on my phone any more) I popped open the lid and retrieved my phone. Placing the battery back into my phone and silently pleading some more that this would work, I flipped the phone over in my hand and pressed the power button.
IT WORKED! To my astonishment my phone was working again! I was so happy that I started dancing around the kitchen and jumping up and down. Needless to say, I've decided that I'll be leaving my phone in my room while I clean from now on. After all, you never know when your phone will decided to take a bath or help you clean....which ever the case may be!
YAY! Good for you! LOL! And I only just heard about the rice trick like 4 months ago! LOL! So you're not the only one who didn't know! nhahah! I'm so glad it worked.
ReplyDeleteWell it sounds like your phone fared better than mine did when it took a dive for the water. Lucky you!
ReplyDeleteAnd yes, get some yellow shoes someday! :)
Hi Caitlin! Reading your blog is taking me back to the good old days of freshman year! What is it with Andersen girls and swimming cell phones? Might be a genetic anomaly? (I'm the only other person who didn't know about the rice, btw.)
ReplyDeleteYou should KNOW that I'm the resident phone expert! I could have told you the whole rice procedure. Silly girl. I'm glad to hear it works though! I'm glad I don't have to whip out old Francis, my decrepit carrier pigeon to loan to you so you can communicate until you can afford a new phone.
ReplyDelete